If you are interested in being our new newsletter Editor, please contact our CSA President, Tom Robinson, at TomHRobinson@aol.com . The ROLE DESCRIPTION for the position of Editor of the CSA USA YOURS AYE newsletter is:
The Editor of the newsletter is responsible for the creation and distribution of 4 Clan Sinclair USA newsletters every year. These newsletters are to be distributed to all active members on or about March 31, June 30, September 30 and late December.
A Brief Description of newsletter content:
- Page 1 will be a headline article of interest.
- Page 2 is a “constant” page including Association Officers and newsletter publication information.
- Every issue will include a message from the Chief, a message from the President, a message from the Chaplain and a welcome list for all new members.
- Every issue will include an updated calendar of Highland Games and Festivals (typically toward the end of the newsletter).
- As available, a section of the newsletter will be Games Activities and Reports. The Editor, using the Games calendar, should follow up with the respective VP’s / Commissioners regarding submission of their article and photos.
- There is typically an article submitted by the Historian and the Genealogist.
- All members are encouraged to submit articles, especially officers.
- A membership form is included at the end of the newsletter.
The Editor is responsible for:
- Actively soliciting articles for inclusion from members and Officers;
- Reviewing and grammar checking submitted articles;
- Developing the layout of each newsletter;
- Delivering the draft to the President, Secretary/Treasurer and Membership Chairman for review prior to distribution;
- Keeping the distribution lists current in coordination with the Membership Chairman. This includes the email distribution list and the US Mail distribution list;
- Managing and coordinating our working relationship with the printing company (whatever company is used) for the US Mail hardcopies to be printed.
- Distribute all email copies to members and report any failed email addresses to the Membership Chairman;
- Distribute all printed hard copy newsletters to the designated members.
- Select the best available publishing software to use for the newsletter.
- Gather all templates and general information from AJ Ginn.
- Work with the printing company to determine if it is possible and cost effective to have them distribute printed newsletters directly to members. We provide the current list of names and addresses.
The printing company is (currently) responsible for:
- Printing of the newsletter by the specified date and sending the specified number of issues to the Editor for distribution.
Please contact CSA Association President Tom Robinson for all questions. THANK YOU!